Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Apples to Apples, Knock Rummy, Spork...Dorm life again!

Being out of dorm life for 10 years now, I have forgotten how much fun it is! I know its a hospital, but aside from all the needles jabbing, toe flickering, and robot legs, we make the most of life!!! Game time is always my favorite, although most who have played any game with me know that it can be also the end of our relationship, for a minute! I can be very competitive...I am very competitive! After hours of knock rummy, which I will teach you when I get home, I wanted to show Ryan and Michael what fun things my computer can do....which is brilliant! Just brilliant! Till the wee hours of the night we had a great laugh!


Todays physio Ryan ambulated 15 meters, which is weird since I have never known the walking Ryan! Its kinda strange to see it, strange in a good way! Dr Shroff was at physio today as well and when she walks in the room its as if the world stops spinning for a split second...her presence is quite powerful! She is the most optimistic, positive, and down right amazing woman I've ever met! As Ryan says she can sell poop to her!

We went swimming this afternoon, Ryan and Michael had a race...I won't disclose who won for the protection of their pride. Erin and I also raced and she beat me by a fingernail...I demand a rematch!


All I can say is 4 people, two wheelchairs, one rickshaw....priceless!



3 comments:

j said...

I am genuinely surprised that the friendship is in tact after playing board games. I'm sure there was at least some name calling involved.

Hiro said...

Hey sis,

Post more pictures...

Your bro.

Emily said...

I'm so glad you like knock rummy! it's the most addicting game ever!