Monday, July 28, 2008

Monument of love and Heeps of Punjabi Rap!


Breaking news...we made it to the Taj and back in one piece, and we are no where near the bombings, thank Buddha! So how was it? I've been on many road trips in South East Asia and I've been on the worst roads in my eyes, so with that said, Delhi to Agra was paradise. Paradise meaning the roads were paved and few potholes to speak of. My view of paradise from the window of our small small car is that you drive past camels and elephants pulling huge stacks of what have yous, or cows laying in the middle of the road, which should have caused many accidents but we somehow glided through many close ones like Neo in the Matrix....very out of this world experience to see your life flash before your eyes...there were parades of men and some women wearing bright orange, carrying a metallic half circle with ornaments hanging from it, and they are walking from all parts of India to the Holy Ganges River. I think everyone needs that kind of faith. Paradise because it could be worse!

The Taj was majestic and in some ways poetic, I can see why it is called the monument of love! Will I ever be loved like she? Hopefully not, since she had 14 children! In presence of such beauty I did some yoga poses, slip and slide time on marble, and licked the Taj. Only Kanako would do such things.


India is becoming more of a spiritual journey for me, I am realizing what things I have to work on....isn't that just so exciting! I will let you know if I've reached my goal at some point in my long journey!

Going to Agra was a must but I don't know if repeat visits are necessary at this point. BUT if it weren't for this trip I would have never known that I like Punjabi rap music!

"Oh My GOD!" says the little indian boy!

2 comments:

j said...

J like third person Kanako reference. J like Kanako blog. J like Kanako.

DJ said...

Im so jealous!!! I miss you K, keep blogging, I read 'em all the time and update our Scripps Gucci crew.