Friday, July 25, 2008

Mistas, Sistas, Kurtas...Oh MY!

This blog thing is new to me and I truly hate having to do this, but this is Ryan's wish, therefore, it will be done! Ryan and I have this great relationship where we push each other to do things we hate to do and that is why we work! Anyway, after 2 days of travel and a little pit stop in Munich, I have finally arrived in Delhi to join the Charlie's Angels well in this case it is the Ryan's Angels. We kicked off the day with Physio, Ryan showed me all her new tricks, which to my surprise is beyond my expectations. Not that I did not believe Ryan could move her legs or hold the cat and cow pose, but I just did not expect it to happen so quickly! In my humble opinion, this is already a huge success. What helps Ryan more than anything in the world, which no stem cell can grow, is her strength in her mind. She really has such an amazing way to look at things and is very much grounded, which will in the end supersede any physical movement! I have met really nice people here, which makes me feel like I'm in heaven...everyone here is glowing!

We have gone swimming twice and let me tell you the water tastes funny and the Hindi's swim in a very interesting way. But its a great workout, I see so much improvement in Ryan's swimming, her hips are less tight and I see her legs moving in a controlled fashion.

Yoga class is a lot harder in India, especially when the instructor doesn't know how to count or know the difference between inhale and exhale...I was doing a lot more giggling then meditating....that too I will learn to overcome!

Oh and I bought my first Kurta last night, which for those who don't know is a traditional Hindi dress. Will post pictures soon!

Off to the Taj we go!

One more thing...I've learned that anything is possible last night when we fit Ryan, Michael, and I with their chairs in a rickshaw....

4 comments:

sass_on_wheels said...

love it!

Unknown said...

I am so elated to hear that things in India are going so well! I know you and from what I met of Ryan, look out world when you two are together! Make sure to take LOTS if pictures and post them regularly! Lots of love and big hugs to you all! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

j said...

Everyone loves a blog, especially when amazing people are involved. You can write about going to the bathroom or watching TV and I will be entertained. Keep up the good work. Miss you much.

Hiro said...

Hey Sis,

I see your are in one piece. Glad that you are doing ok. I hope you have a great time in India.

Maybe add a map on your blog so we know where in the world you are talking about. I'm bit lost...I just know India.

Hiro