Monday, August 11, 2008

Mehandi, Wild, and Beautiful Peacocks







In the past few days I have been to a bakery called "Angels in my kitchen" eating decadent chocolate cakes, weaving in and out of crowds at a Lajpat Nagar market where men were barking offers left and right, then going across town to attend church where the sisters (nurses from the hospital) were singing at the service, Kuki Worship Services, a Northern Indian dialect...it was a great service even though we didn't understand the message, the sisters' voices were beautiful! Then we raced to Priya market by Sarah's house and had a fancy and very spicy Punjabi dinner. Ryan and I walked around the market after dinner to walk off our 10lbs of naan; only to discover a young boy selling his beautiful drawings for...120 rupees, well we always pack our leftovers for hopes to feed someone...we later saw him sharing the meal with another boy, melts my heart! Lets see...running through deer park, I saw tons of bambis, what in the heck are spotted deer doing in delhi! The park was gorgeous, part jungle, part grassy knolls with a fort at the top of the hill, a fairly big lake only to discover a crumbling brick mosque on the outskirts with peacocks frolicking around. It was very calming and peaceful, but hot as hell! Ryan's calipers were adjusted this weekend and today was the first day to try them out, I am amazed how much better she maneuvers her legs! I found my Indian dad! We all have Indian dads here, they look/act or we just want them to be our dads. I have found mine, not that my dad is at ALL replaceable, but our yoga instructor, Ruwat, reminds me of my dad in many ways, his calming voice, ability to push my limits, strict, yet has a very big smile that feels like a gift. Having henna done in our room by teenage boys, who by the way were amazing at it! My henna hands are very beautiful, according to Chinar the darker the henna the deeper the love is of you and your significant other! Lucky you my henna is very very dark!

As Erin's time here is coming to an end what better thing to do, but shop some more right! Dili Haat was a great market I love talking to the shop keepers who travel from all parts of India to come to this market for 2 weeks before they head to their next market or home, people here are so interesting and very talented I made lots of friends with the Sahibs (brothers). At the end of the night, we came across a lovely family who's son maybe 5 years old was the most adorable little lover ever! His dad wanted to adopt all of us into his family and we exchanged phone numbers...I hope we are getting together soon! This is what I have been up to in a nutshell! Ryan has a procedure tomorrow, so we will be at the other hospital all day, but should be back to update our blogs tomorrow night!



The art of being yourself at your best is the art of unfolding your personality into the person you want to be. . . . Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others.

No comments: