Saturday, August 2, 2008

Candle in your heart, ready to be kindled!


Identity crisis, I remember going through many frustrating and fearful moments and yesterday Emily, Sarah's sister, called having a hard time accepting not competing in gymnastics anymore. Being a gymnast it brought me back to my sadness when I had to leave the gym once and for all. Gymnastics encompassed my life and was my identity, I was a gymnast. Which brings me to my thoughts on Ryan, she has been in a chair for almost 12 years and she has worked so hard to accept that life goes on and not be defeated by it.

Which we all know through her endeavors in triathalons, marathons, and her incredible stamina in the pool. I can only speculate that this experience for Ryan is scary, frustrating, and just plain hard. But its not so much as an identity crisis for her because nothing is ever a crisis for Ryan and her identity is not for what she sits in, but how she leads her life!
As a model....a role model that is!

Anyway, Ryan has been making a lot of improvements in her walking with her calipers! She is getting more flexible in her hips, its so great to watch her swim, her butterfly is amazing! When I watch her from the front, it looks as if someone who can thrust their body with their legs is coming at me, it is so strong. My dad would be proud of her butterfly!!


We have stayed up too late too many nights talking, playing games, watching movies, stretching and of course Ryan gets my massages! I have never lived with Ryan in college, so we are making up for lost time!

Yesterday we went to Qutb Minar, which is a very tall Ismlamic Minaret (tower) with beautiful Arabic inscriptions, its the tallest in the world. It is the most accessible tourist site we have been to! It was very beautiful and I sort of wish I lived in the 12th century! And for the first time in India we were "tuk" by the tuk tuk driver, who was suppose to wait for us and take us back to the hospital, but he took off with our 40 rupees. Which is less than a dollar...so its no big deal, but we are so naive!



















Some of the patients at the hospital organized a social gathering, which was so nice to meet everyone in normal clothes and when they are not doing physio or getting an injection! Bree's mom had bought ping pong set, so we converted our dinner table to a ping pong table! YEA! Since I'm Asian, its in my genes to be good at ping pong, naturally! Yes, it was another late night!















Ryan has a procedure tomorrow at the other hospital, its going to be a long day for her, so we are going to take it easy today! We need to give lots of Tender Loving Care, for her embryos need it they are our fragile little babies!

"There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don't you?- Rumi

No comments: