Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Queen of Hearts trumps Ace of Diamonds



The past few days have been stressful for me and quite nerve-racking to say the least...to know that the love of my life back home is not well. Hopeless, fearful, lonely, are a few descriptions of how I feel and I know how my dog feels. If anyone knows me at all, they know me as Payshiako, Payshia (dog) and Kanako, together we are Payshiako. I am fortunate that my puppy has grown up to be a fine dog who loves to love and be loved. She was diagnosed with Addison's Disease 2 years ago...this is the first time we have been apart since her diagnosis. I was extremely nervous to leave, but I knew that I needed to be here with Ryan. I needed to be part of this amazing endeavor with my Ry Ry, there was no questions about it. But now I'm in a very difficult situation, my dog needs me home. She is not coping with my absence at all, therefore, I need to be a grown up, I need to be that pillar for my dog because I want to and it is the right thing to do...no questions asked. My heart aches as I sit here knowing that my baby is stressing out, feeling abandoned, not knowing that her Mom is coming home. Dramatic...maybe, but if you saw the bond we have, you would also understand. As I know Ry does, I know that Ryan is going to be okay with or without me, I know she is in great hands, I know that she would do the same if she were me, and I know that she is my true friend, a great friend! So I'm off to the airport with Erin, to see what fate can do for me. I am a true believer that EVERYTHING happens for a reason, even if it hurts me.


Ryan had an epidural at Gautam Nagar this afternoon and Erin, Sarah, and I had the pleasure of surprising Dr. Ashish with our hot picks for tattoos! I hear he enjoyed them! YES! It felt like the procedure took forever, well I'm sure to Ryan felt that way at least since she had to go through the poking and questions of where do you feel it now? "In my throat" oh thats not where I want it and on and on, but she loves it because Dr Ashish is so precise and it makes her feel very connected to her own body and that its not just in her head! Its beautiful to hear that from her, she has become so in tune to her body and its only going to get better! I think it is important for all of us to learn to listen to our bodies and become more attentive. And for Ryan the best thing after a procedure is ICE CREAM!!! She did so great and was so hyper afterwards, I guess thats what laying still two bricks high will do to ya, and it was Erin's last night we (Michael, Shennae, Ry, Sarah, Erin, and I) all went out to dinner and to a club called Bar Code in Priya Complex in Vasant Vihar. We rocked out and took over the karaoke lady's job... I think she hated us...we were quite a riot! Every move you make, Every breathe you take, I'll be watching you MICHAEL!

I know this will not be the last time ya'll see me in Delhi! But I will miss everyone at the hospital! They truly have made this experience so wonderful for all involved!! I love them!
I know I'll be back...















I mean, this face is too irresistible!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Kanacks, I am so sorry to hear that Paysh is not doing well with you gone. It breaks my heart to read this. I know that I would do the same if I were in your position with Oliver. Best of luck with everything and let me know if there is anything I can do. xoxo to you both!

Kels123 said...

Ka knock knock, I know you are an amazing friend to Ryan and I thank God you were able to be out there for her. I pray that your doggy will be okay. Much love and hugs and kisses to the pup!
Love ya,
Kelsey